A pattern of power and control over a dating partner/partner/ex-partner.
Domestic Violence Resources
Thank you for seeking more information about domestic violence. On this page you will find information on what domestic violence is, information on who to contact if you are experiencing domestic violence, domestic violence statistics, and downloadable content.
- Your partner is controlling about what you do, who you talk to, people you see, and where you go.
- Your partner accuses you of cheating.
- Your partner discourages you from having relationships with family and friends.
- Your partner is always blaming you/making you feel guilty.
- Your partner is always trying to be the one in power/have the upper hand.
- Your partner monitors your phone calls, messages, media, and email.
- Your partner calls and texts you excessively.
- Your partner keeps track of your time and location.
- Your partner forces you to have sex against your will.
- Your partner criticizes and humiliates you.
- Your partner hits, slaps, punches, or strangles you.
- Your partner uses your children against you.
- Your partner controls the money/finances.
Greater Charlotte Hope Line........................................................... 980-771-4673
- Local 24-hour hotline for domestic violence or sexual assault, parenting support, domestic violence shelter
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TheHotline.org)..................... 800-799-SAFE (7233)
- 24-hour national hotline for domestic violence
- National Teen Dating Violence Hotline (Loveisrespect.org)............ 866-331-9474
- To speak to peer advocates who can give crisis counseling to teenagers/young adults
- Mecklenburg County Community Support Services........................ 704-336-3210
- For adults experiencing domestic violence or child/youth who have witnessed domestic violence
- Local 24-hour Hotline/Domestic Violence Shelter........................... 980-314-8680
- For peole looking to safely exchange their child or have safe visitation for their children
- This recently opened center is a collaboration of agencies that provide multiple services for victims all in one place. For more information, visit Survivor Resource Center | Safe Alliance
MEET OUR FOUNDERHANNAH KAY HERDLINGER
Hannah Kay is a domestic violence survivor — one of the 1.3 million women who are impacted by domestic abuse every year. Her experience set her on a journey, from a small town in Georgia to a job with one of the most powerful women in the world and then to start Thread Talk, a company that supports domestic violence shelters across the U.S.
Shop our soft, luxurious collection of blankets that provides comfort in more ways than one.
There’s the comfort that comes with wrapping one around yourself or your loved ones. Then there’s the comfort in knowing that 10% of your purchase is donated to domestic violence shelters, giving hope to someone you may not know who needs it most.View All Blankets
10% of all proceeds donated
Survivors of domestic violence often flee abuse with nothing more than the clothes on their backs. Traumatized and fearful, they turn to local domestic violence programs for refuge from the relentless abuse they faced at the hands of their partner.DONATE DIRECTLY
We are currently looking for college students who want to become a pillar of their community in the fight against domestic violence. Help us start the conversation about healthy relationships on campus by nominating a Campus Ambassador today!Nominate Now
"I love, love, love this blanket. It's beautiful, cozy, and big enough to wrap your body in or share with someone else. Not to mention the design is gorgeous and it's for a good cause!."- Katherine O.
"I sent this to a couple expecting their first child, and they loved everything about it- the organic cotton, how soft it was, that it was made by a socially conscious company, and that it is machine washable. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten such a glowing response from a gift before!"- Kerry K.
"I love that these blankets are high quality. One thing I have recently realized, super cozy, sustainable and that part of the proceeds go to help others in need. I love that when my friends and family open their gifts this year they are really going to say "oooooo" when they feel the softness and coziness of these blankets. I hope they will also feel loved. My order was easy. The delivery was timely and 100% accurate."Melissa B.
"Absolutely LOVE my Confidence blanket - it also looks great in my living room! So luxurious and comfortable, but also such an incredible purchase knowing it's for a great cause! Would recommend to everyone!"Meredith D.
This is 5 Star in every way: Do yourself and many others a favor. Support Thread Talk with a purchase. You can thank me later.... "David H.