Sure, putting a throw blanket over your shoulder or lap on a chilly day is easy enough. But how do you style a throw blanket?
Envy-inducing Pinterest boards and videos on social media showcase aesthetically-pleasing bedrooms and living quarters. But what's the best way to hone in on a style of your own?
With various patterns, textures, and sizes available, it can be challenging to know where to start. So we've taken the guesswork out of making your throw Insta-worthy in this quick guide!
We'll show you how to put a throw blanket on a bed, plus additional ways you can style it around your house.
Step 1: Choosing the right size throw blanket
The first step in styling your throw blanket is to choose the right size. If your throw blanket is too small, it will not do a good job keeping you warm at night. But if it's too big, it might be difficult to maneuver and take over your entire bed.
To find the right size, consider the size of your sofa or chair and the climate you live in. A smaller throw blanket will suffice if you live in warmer weather. A larger throw blanket may be necessary if you live in a cooler climate or tend to get cold easily. Ultimately, choosing a size that will work for your needs and your space is important.
However, choosing the right size throw blanket can be tricky. The perfect throw blanket should be big enough to provide warmth and comfort without being cumbersome.
We recommend opting for a medium-sized 60"x80" blanket. It's not too big or too small and will provide you with the warmth and comfort you need without being cumbersome.
Step 2: Choosing the room to put the throw blanket in
The next step is to choose the room you want to put the throw blanket in. Throw blankets are the most versatile pieces in a home. They can be used as a decorative element, to add an extra layer of warmth, or simply to add a pop of color. Remember a few things when choosing the perfect spot for your throw blanket.
- First, consider the function of the blanket. If you're using it for warmth, you'll want to choose a spot where you'll spend a lot of time, such as in front of the television or fireplace.
- If you're using it as a decorative piece, you'll want to choose a spot where it can be seen and appreciated, such as on a bed or sofa.
- You might want to put it in your living room for when you're relaxing on the couch or in your bedroom so you can stay snug during the evening.
- Consider the material of the blanket. If it's made from natural fibers like wool or cotton, you'll want to avoid placing it in direct sunlight, which can cause fading.
- Finally, when choosing the perfect spot for your throw blanket, remember that less is often more. A single blanket can make a big impact, so don't be afraid to experiment until you find the perfect placement.
Step 3: Ways to style your throw blanket in each room
In The Bedroom
The bedroom is another great place to put your throw blanket. You can use it while you're relaxing or getting ready for bed.
Here are some ways you can style your throw blanket in the bedroom:
- One way to style a throw on your bed is by folding it in half and placing it at the foot of the bed. This is a great way to warm your feet on chilly nights.
- Another way to style a throw is by draping it over the side of the bed. This can add a pop of color or pattern to your bedroom décor, especially if it goes well with your linen sheets.
- You can also use it as a bedspread. Simply spread the blanket out over the top of your comforter or quilt. This is a great way to change the look of your bedding.
- Finally, you can use a throw as an accent piece in your bedroom. Try hanging it on a wall or placing it over a lounge chair. This is a great way to add a pop of personality!
In The Living Room
The living room is another great place to showcase your throw! You can use it while relaxing on the couch or reading a book. It's also a great way to add an extra touch of character to the space.
Here are some of our favorites ways:
- Drape it over the back of your couch. This is a casual look that adds both style and comfort. Plus, it's easy to grab when you're ready to cozy up.
- Fold it in half and use it as a pillow. This is a great way to add extra color or pattern to your couch. Simply fold the throw blanket in half, and then use it as a throw pillow. No sewing is required!
- Hang it on a wall. This is a unique way to incorporate a throw into your décor. Choose a spot on your wall where you can easily reach it, and then simply hang the throws over a hook or nail.
- Use it as a table runner. This is a great way to dress up your coffee or end table. Simply drape the throws across the center of the table, and let the ends hang down on either side.
Get creative! There are endless possibilities when it comes to styling throws. So don't be afraid to experiment until you find what works best for you and your home.
In The Nursery Room
A throw blanket is a must-have for any nursery room. It provides an extra layer of softness for snuggles and can also be used for decoration or as a playmat. Our 30"x40" blankets are an excellent option for any occasion with your kiddo!
Here are four solid ways you can style your throws in the nursery room:
- Drape a patterned throw blanket over the side of the crib to add a pop of color.
- Fold the blanket in half and drape it over the back of a chair to add texture and character.
- Place the blanket at the foot of the crib for an additional source of warmth.
- Fold the blanket into thirds and place it over the arm of a chair.
Invest in a cozy throw blanket that gives back
If you're looking for a warm and cozy throw blanket that gives back, look no further than Thread Talk. For every purchase of one of our blankets, we donate 10% of all proceeds to domestic violence shelters. Our founder herself is a domestic violence survivor, so this cause is very near and dear to our hearts. For a start, you can check one of our best-selling products, the gray throw blanket.
Throw blankets are more than just a cozy accessory - they can be a statement piece to jazz up almost any space in your home!
The best part is that there are various ways to style them. And with so many different colors and patterns to choose from, it's easy to find one that perfectly suits your taste. Plus, they're functional, too. From the crib to the car, they're the ideal size for parents on the go. They also make great impromptu pillows, picnic mats, and wall art.
Throw blankets are an easy way to casually make your spaces more inviting. This guide has provided you with numerous decorating tips and ideas, so how will you style yours?